Earlier this year, Bord gave me permission to modify his Comet table. Bord did significant lighting, physics, and primitive improvements (it looks amazing!) Back then I added the VR conversions, as well as updated the VR backglass to be animated (image from Hauntfreaks). Sixtoe assisted at that time with the GI intensity on the bumpers.
Since then, I've done significant updates in version 2.0 to the table including:
- Desktop, Cabinet, and VR hybrid modes
- Added in Fleep's sound package
- Expanded on the physics that Bord did, and updated additional nFozzy / Roth physics and flippers settings.
- Modified the ramp exit gate, ramp physics, and additional flipper physics
- Updated to the new ramprolling sounds by fluffhead35.
- Added the Iakki, Apophis, and Wylte dynamic shadows solution
- Updated the drop target to the solution created by Rothbauerw
- LUT and ball brightness options
- Added additional VR options and updates (scratched glass, clock, and a topper (thanks JoePicasso for the image)
- Updated sling primitives and added plywood holes.
- Added Ramp shooter lane grooves and ball release wall to better emulate ball in shooter lane (rothbauerw suggestion)
- Fixed several corner conditions.
Thanks to RIK, PinStratsDan, Rothbauerw, Wylte, Apophis, Sixtoe, Rawd, Bord, Fluffhead, and Remdwaas for testing, feedback, and suggestions. Also thanks to Iakki, Fleep, Roth, nFozzy, for the sound and physics improvements. And especially Bord for all the work he did on the table prior to these updates.
IMPORTANT: In the script options you MUST choose values for VR_Room, or Cab_mode. (The default is desktop mode of zero values). If you are using a full cabinet, VR_Room = 0, and cab_mode = 1. Desktop mode they are both zero. VR users, VR_Room = 1.
Additional options in the script include two VR environments, a VR clock, a topper, scratched glass, and settings for dynamic shadows if you experience a performance hit.