Playboy (Bally 1978) VPX + Backglass + Extras
This is a re-upload (previously on VPinball) for the Playboy (Bally 1978) VPX table that GoldChicco and I did a complete overhaul on and loaded with lots of extra feature. If you already downloaded this from VPinball last year - there is no need to re-download. We decided to upload it here so it can be archived properly and others can enjoy this 'classic / special edition' table.
GoldChicco ask me to upload this today (Christmas) because he has a previous commitment and would not be near a computer today.
This download included the VPX version of the table, an Authentic Backglass, RealColorDMD for your front end, music files, and wheels.
PLEASE READ THE NOTES BELOW:
- - - - - - - - -
- New playfield, plastics, backglass, etc graphics.
- Added 86 Game Play music tracks that can be played in either Playlist order or Random play and the ability to be turned ON or OFF at the top of the table script.
- Added 13 LUT Brightness / Contrast Adjustments that can be done during game play.
- Added Flipper Shadows that can be turned ON or OFF at the top of the table script.
- Added Ball Shadows that can be turned ON or OFF at the top of the table script.
- Added 3 Ball and 5 Ball Cards, and 3 different Instructions Cards Option depending on your ROM settings.
- Added Prims for all visible holes for giving the illusion of playfield DEPTH. Look at the wood around and under the drop targets and the lower lane roll overs to see this feature.
- Updated Physics
- Adjusted Hundreds of Playfield Parts, Lights and Options for smoother gameplay.
- Enhanced / New GI Lighting.
- Included 2 .HDR environments that can be changed in the Table Options > Lighting setting. Default is Environment 1. Environment 2 has slightly "muted" colors.
- - - - - - - - - -
This table uses the "playboyb.zip" 7-digit rom.
When the table is loaded, press the F6 key on your keyboard to set the ROM options for the table to your liking. These options will also determine which 'Instruction Card' and 'Ball Card' you should display on the apron with the script options at the top of the table script.
You can also set the MATCH feature, # of Balls, and Show Credits with this feature.
If you decide to use the Music feature, the ROM sounds are a little too loud. Press the F12 key to open the ROM sound volume adjustment. 0 is default. You cannot RAISE the volume over 0. Use this feature to set the ROM volume to -5 or -6 so the ROM sound is quieter. When you set the volume DB lower and click 'OK' or 'SAVE', VPX will automatically save this setting. You will need to restart the table for this new setting to take affect.
The F12 feature is a little known option in VPX and is a BIG HELP for reducing the ROM volume for older tables like this one and some others that the ROM sounds are much too loud. I have used this feature with SEVERAL early Stern tables that were deafening compared to others.
USING LUT OPTIONS:
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
When you boot the table for the first time, the table might appear a lot brighter than it is intended.
Hold down the LEFT MAGNASAVE and then press the RIGHT MAGNASAVE to cycle through the 13 LUT options. This bypasses the need of using the Day / Night slider. Depending on the resolution of your playfield monitor, everyones preferred LUT setting is different. When you cycle through the LUT options, when you select the one you prefer for your setup - it will automatically be saved when you exit / quit the table for the next time you play the table. You can adjust the LUT Option at any time when the table is loaded, even during gameplay.
PLEASE NOTE: Pressing the LEFT MAGNASAVE will shut off the music as well. Simply press the RIGHT MAGNASAVE (without the LEFT MAGNASAVE pressed) to resume music playback.
- - - - - - - - - -
By default, the Music Option is set to "Ordered Playlist".
Start the Music at anytime by pressing the RIGHT MAGNASAVE button. If you want to turn OFF the music at anytime, press the LEFT MAGNASAVE.
All music and audio has been properly balanced, equalized, and completely re-mixed so no audio 'interferes' with the sounds of the game itself.
If you turn OFF the music when adjusting the LUT feature, simply press the RIGHT MAGNASAVE to start the music again.
You can skip to the NEXT MUSIC TRACK by pressing the RIGHT MAGNASAVE again while the music is playing.
INSTALLATION (VERY IMPORTANT):
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
The install is fairly standard and straight forward, except for 1 IMPORTANT thing, the Music folder for VPX. In order to avoid the growing 'mess' of a million .mp3 files in your Music folder, the additional audio / music files for this table NEED TO BE INSIDE a folder called 'playboy78'. This reduced adding to the clutter and global warming problem.
So when you unzip the music / audio for this table, the directory structure should look like this when installed 'Visual Pinball / Music / playboy78'.
You will get an error when you boot the table if the mp3 files are simply dumped into the Music folder.
- Enjoy the table.